Basketball Victoria is pleased to announce the first State Development Program (SDP) session of 2021 for Wheelchair Basketball Athletes.
The session is set to take place on May 22 in Bendigo, alongside the Country Vic SDP camp.
With the recent appointment of Jason Bryant as the Wheelchair Basketball State Development Program Lead and State Team Head Coach, the first SDP camp is now taking nominations from eligible athletes.
The SDP is to ensure that the next generation of wheelchair basketball players who have the ability and attitude to excel in an elite environment are identified, developed and nurtured.
To be eligible in 2021 athletes must be:
– Minimum 12 years old at commencement of the SDP program on 1/5/2021,
– Eligible to represent Victoria in 2022 KCC Tournament as per age group and Nationality rules (As per BV rules, to be eligible for State Team representation at KCC, athletes must be a minimum of 14 years of age – all other program activities are a minimum of 12 years of age)
– Maximum age in line with international IWBF junior age groups boys U23, and U25 girls
- Boys born on or after 1/1/2000
- Girls born on or after 1/1/1998