To get your basketball association related position descriptions posted on this page, fill out the Basketball Victoria Positions Form via this link.
Diversity and Inclusion Officer (Wheelchair Basketball)
We welcome applications for this amazing opportunity to manage the delivery of Wheelchair Basketball programs. The purpose of the role is to increase the participation base within Victoria for people with physical disabilities and mobility restrictions, whilst also committing to provide leadership, support and assistance regarding inclusion and diversity to the greater basketball community. This opportunity is for a 12-month fixed term contract with an immediate start.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Responsible for the establishment, growth and promotion of Victorian Wheelchair Basketball programs, competitions, leagues and events
- Maintain accurate equipment logs and maintenance records.
- Assist in the development of funding applications with affiliated member associations to support wheelchair basketball activities.
- Develop and strengthen player pathways and high-performance programs.
- Examine, evaluate and review existing programs and make recommendations for appropriate action to ensure ongoing business improvements.
- Ensure people with disabilities and those from underrepresented communities have an opportunity to experience and enjoy wheelchair basketball.
- Develop relationships between our affiliates, local council, community members and organisations so that in time the programs become self-sufficient.
- Coordinate the delivery of the Wheelchair Basketball Schools Clinc and Hoop Time programs.
- Maintain the Wheelchair Basketball section of the BV website to ensure accurate information is displayed.
- Jointly develop and review annual departmental work plans and budgets.
- Contribute to activities that build capacity and inclusion outcomes whilst enhancing the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Work collaboratively with the broader team by providing support in the areas relative to diversity and inclusion.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required.
- Maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with key internal and external contacts to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Identify program partners and/or organisations for participant recruitment.
- Identify suitable program venue/s alongside delivery partners.
- Recruit and coordinate program Facilitator/s to deliver the program.
- Develop program information and marketing collateral, to engage with the community and encourage participation.
- Monitor participant registration and data collection requirements, and administer reporting.
- Respond to queries relating to the Wheelchair Basketball program.
- Collect case studies to promote the program and share best practice.
- Experience implementing project/program coordination, diversity and inclusion programs, practices and processes within sport.
- A knowledge of the disability sports sector in Victoria.
- Ability to establish rapport and creditability with a organisations across the public and private sectors.
- A good understanding of community sport with the ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- The willingness to commit to the inclusion of all members of our culturally diverse community in the sport of Basketball.
- The ability to communicate with all members of the community with an understanding of inclusive processes and adaptive environments within sport.
- The ability to reflect and identify opportunities for improvement in the program.
- The ability to work cooperatively and positively within a team environment.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation, organisation and analytical skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience in a sport, peak-body or not-for-profit setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Wheelchair Basketball.
- A level of understanding into the operations and commercial aspects of Basketball.
- Ability to prepare and monitor annual budgets for direct areas of responsibility.
- Appropriate qualifications in sport and/or business.
A Great opportunity for an experienced Basketball Coach with a love and desire for being party of a Community Program.
Work with one of Australia’s top Sporting Clubs and be party of shaping an exciting new Community Basketball initiative. The role is for 30 hours per week.
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Basketball Coach who loves working in the Community?
Do you have previous experience working within a High-Performance sporting organisation? Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
If so, you may be exactly what we are looking for to be part of the Bulleen Templestowe Basketball Club.
Applications close 5:00pm on 12 May 2021. For a full description including contact details, please visit here.