To get your basketball association related position descriptions posted on this page, fill out the Basketball Victoria Positions Form via this link.
Technical Officials Operations Officer
Are you Basketball Victoria’s next rising star? Don’t miss this rare opportunity to start your career in a sport you love! We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is ready to accept a challenge and hit the ground running as we go through a major change management process and reactivate our sport. If you like working in a fast paced environment, are a quick learner and have some knowledge of database management and administration- we want to hear from you!
The Technical Officials Operations Officer is to provide administration support to the operations of the Technical Officials Department (TOD). It is a genuine ‘all-rounder’ role with the primary functions of the role including registrations, appointments, financial processing and reporting for the relevant competitions under BV’s banner. These BV basketball competitions include (but are not limited to): Big V, VJBL, CBL, Bulla Hoop Time, Victorian College Championships, Champions Cup, School Sport Victoria, AGSV (1st division) and 3×3 competitions.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all members of the Basketball community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when in person or when utilizing tools such as Zoom/MS Teams, Trello/Slack .
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A customer service focus with the ability to problem solve and assist with queries.
- The willingness to commit to the inclusion of all members of our culturally diverse community in the sport of Basketball.
- Basic experience using databases and or technology platforms and with training able to become an expert user.
- Intermediate computer skills including using technology platforms, with the ability to learn computer processes quickly.
- Willing and enthusiastic to work with digital service partners.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively within a small dynamic team.
- Able to work both in the office and remotely from other locations seamlessly and ensure high productivity.
- A passion for sport development at the community level.
- Enthusiastic and accepting of change and ready to undertake new and innovative ways of working.
- Strong administration skills with high attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills in database management.
- Experience in a sport, peak-body or not-for-profit setting.
- A tertiary qualification in sports management or a related discipline.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter via Sportspeople by 9am on 1/3/2021. Please note that due to the level of interest, only those shortlisted for this position will be contacted.