BASKETBALL Victoria is hosting Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournaments during September and October.
Basketball Victoria’s Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournaments are set to give Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander players, coaches and officials a taste of the new 3×3 format, as well as providing plenty of fun and games with our interactive Fun Zone.
We will host two Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournaments in 2018, located at Dandenong and Geelong to provide Victorians from across the state a chance to participate in these events.
Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournament – Dandenong
27 September – Dandenong Stadium
U12 | U14 | U16 | U18
Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournament – Geelong
5 October – The Geelong Arena
U11 | U13 | U17 | Open
Registrations are now open for teams (teams can have a maximum of five players) and we are also accepting registrations for individuals who want to participate but don’t currently have a team.
Basketball Victoria is committed to reconciliation and the ongoing inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples into basketball, to help players, coaches and officials from these communities enjoy the many benefits of organised sport.
INDIGENOUS 3×3 TOURNAMENT OVERVIEW
This information provides an overview of the tournament structure and how it will run across the two events. Further information will be available on this website leading up to the tournament dates.
- Team and Individual registrations close on 14 September.
- Registrations will open at 9am with the first games commencing at 10am. The planned finish time is 3pm.
- Teams can have a maximum of 5 players per team. All players are required to take the court in each game to be eligible for finals.
- Game timing and scoring: Each game will consist of 2 x 7 minute halves. There will be a 2 minute halftime break.
- The first team to 25 points or the team with the highest score following the end of the game is the winner.
- A four-point line will be in operation – which will be 9.1m from the basket.
- Teams can be male, female or mixed.
Basketball Victoria is looking to partner with suitable organisations for the delivery of each Indigenous 3×3 Basketball Tournament. There will be a maximum of five partner organisations for each event.
We are looking for organisations that support or provide services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait community particularly around education, employment, health and justice.
Partners will have an opportunity to interact with participants and spectators within the tournaments.