What does registration with Basketball Victoria as an individual cover?
Our first priority is to help associations and their affiliated clubs to get participants registered, on court and playing basketball, knowing they are covered and protected by a Basketball Victoria sanctioned association, league, program or event.
When registered, participants are provided the following benefits:
- Personal Player/Accident insurance
- Affiliation with Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia
- Opportunity to participate in all BV sanctioned leagues, events and competitions
- Opportunity to participate in education, training, seminars, courses & clinics
- Participation and eligibility for state team / development programs
- Ability to manage their own basketball experience
- Potential commercial opportunities with BV partners
Associations and/or Clubs
Participants registration fees also assist in covering the following for associations / clubs:
- Insurance cover – Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Management and Cyber Liability insurance
- Administrative, governance, legal, strategic, technical and digital support for member associations
- Provision of a tribunal system across Victoria
- Provision of and accreditation for referees for competitions
- Coach education and accreditation
- Management of the VJBL, Big V and NBL1 Leagues
- Government relations and facilities growth/management.
- Inclusion programs and events
- State – high performance pathways
- Marketing and Communications support
For detailed information on process changes and fees, support and training or technology please return to this page.