Basketball Victoria Inc. (formerly the Victorian Basketball Association) is the peak body for basketball in Victoria.
Basketball Victoria (BV), a not-for-profit organisation, is a member driven governing body and provides a range of services for 160 Affiliated Associations statewide. In addition to supporting our affiliated basketball associations, Basketball Victoria coordinates a number of participation and player development programs as well as coach and official programs.
The broad objectives of Basketball Victoria are to
• Encourage, promote, manage and control the sport of basketball in Victoria.
• Represent the interests of basketball and basketballers within Victoria at the national level.
• Encourage the development of socially desirable attitudes and values towards physical fitness and skill acquisition through play, training and competition.
• Provide access for individuals to participate in the sport of basketball in Victoria.
• Provide individuals with the opportunity to maximise their potential by competing in the highest level of basketball possible.
Basketball Victoria’s staff values are as follows:
We are LEADERS
Demonstrate professional leadership through innovative practice, having a dedicated commitment to be leaders.
We are PEOPLE FOCUSED
Provide excellent service, support and understanding to the basketball community with the utmost respect, trust, fairness and inclusivity.
We act with INTEGRITY
Foster respectful, collaborative and productive relationships and hold pride in work practice with moral and ethical behavior.
We are ACCOUNTABLE
We acknowledge and embrace our obligation to uphold responsibility.