The Victorian College Championships (VCC) is an open competition for all Secondary Schools throughout the state. Schools compete in regional qualifying tournaments at select venues around Melbourne with winners progressing to Championship Finals.
The VCC has a Senior Division for Year 11/12, an Intermediate Division for Year 9/10 and a Junior Division for Year 7/8. All Divisions include a competition for male and female teams.
- Regional Days commence at 9.30am and concludes no later than 3.00pm.
- Games will consist of 2 x 12 minute halves on a 30-minute schedule.
- Entries are to be completed online and schools can enter as many teams as they wish in any division (dependant on final competition numbers).
- Players entering Division 2 are allocated points depending on the level of representative basketball they play. Division 2 teams can have a MAXIMUM of 20 points to be eligible. Point allocation is as follows:
- SEABL, Big V, VC or VC Reserve – 8 points
- VJL1 or VJL2 – 5 points
- VJL3 or VJL4 – 3 points
- Regional – 1 point
- All games will be officiated by 2 referees
- 2017 entries open 13th February
- 2017 entries will close on 28th April