What is the Basketball Victoria (BV) – Individual Registration Project?
The Individual Registration Project is about aligning all basketball participants across Victoria under a common registration fee structure and user experience, ensuring a standardised online registration process.
A common registration process will provide many benefits including, an accurate state-wide database to assist with participant and competition management, as well as providing a clear and consistent user experience for all participants, clubs and associations.
What is changing?
Process: compulsory online individual registration
Technology: new platform – ‘built by basketball, for basketball’ – PlayHQ
Fees: No ‘additional fees’
- Equitable (BV) fees in Victoria (country and/or metro)
- Realignment to an individual participant registration model in Metropolitan Melbourne
Note: a proportion of a metropolitan participants fees already come to BV via associations passing on a ‘team based’ fee component, individual registration will replace that.
User experience: easy, fast and user friendly for participants and administrators
What does registration with Basketball Victoria as an individual cover?
Our first priority is to help associations and their affiliated clubs to get participants registered, on court and playing basketball, knowing they are covered and protected by a Basketball Victoria sanctioned association, league, program or event.
When registered, participants are provided the following benefits:
- Personal Player/Accident insurance
- Affiliation with Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia
- Opportunity to participate in all BV sanctioned leagues, events and competitions
- Opportunity to participate in education, training, seminars, courses & clinics
- Participation and eligibility for state team / development programs
- Ability to manage their own basketball experience
- Potential commercial opportunities with BV partners
Associations and/or Clubs
Participants registration fees also assist in covering the following for associations / clubs:
- Insurance cover – Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Management & Cyber Liability insurance
- Administrative, governance, legal, strategic, technical and digital support for member associations
- Provision of a tribunal system across Victoria
- Provision of and accreditation for referees for competitions
- Coach education and accreditation
- Management of the VJBL, Big V and NBL1 Leagues
- Government relations and facilities growth/management.
- Inclusion programs and events
- State – high performance pathways
- Marketing & Communications support
For detailed information on why the change is occurring, process changes and fees, roll-out timeline, support and training or technology please click on a button below.
If associations require further communications or assistance regarding the project please contact the following:
Project Specific Queries:
Basketball Victoria Digital Support Team
David Owies – Senior Digital Support Officer – email@example.com
Kevin Ng – Digital Support Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben White – Digital Support Officer – email@example.com
Matt McIntosh – GM Communications, Marketing & Digital – firstname.lastname@example.org