Terms and Conditions for Basketball Victoria’s ‘Caption This’ Competition – held on Instagram from Friday 16 August to Monday 19 August.
Basketball Victoria is excited to be giving away 10 Double Passes to the upcoming Boomers v USA game on Thursday 22nd August.
All you have to do to enter is be following our Instagram account @basketball_vic and be on the lookout for our competition posts. When you spot one write your best caption for that photo in 15 words or less and also use the hashtag #homecourt
Winners will be judged on creativity and originality. Two winners will be picked per competition post. You can only enter once per post but can enter on each post. Winners will be announced on our Instagram account on Monday at 1pm and will be sent a direct message.
If you are selected as a winner you must provide us with a copy of your photo ID and your postal address. Tickets will be expressed posted to your nominated address.
So keep your eye on Instagram this weekend and good luck!
“Basketball Victoria: Boomers v USA ‘Caption This’ ticket giveaway” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
What: 10 Double passes to the Thursday game 22nd August at Marvel Stadium (each double pass is worth $400)
Prize includes tickets only – does not cover costs of travel to and from the venue or any other expenses incurred.
When: Comp starts Friday 16th August and finishes on Monday 19th
- First Post Friday 6pm
- Second post Saturday 10am
- Third post Saturday 6pm
- Fourth Post Sunday 10am
- Fifth Post Sunday 6pm
- All entries close Monday 10am
- Winners announced Monday 1pm
How: Caption the photo in 15 words or less and use hashtag #homecourt on Basketball Victoria’s Instagram.
- Must be following BV Instagram account
- Must be a resident of Victoria
- Only one caption per person per competition post
- You can caption any photo up until Monday 19th at 10am.
- Winners will be judged on creativity and originality
- Any discriminatory comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted and not considered as an entry
- You must be 18 years or older to receive this prize. If you are under 18 the prize will be sent to your guardian.
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.2. The promoter is Basketball Victoria ABN: 92 328 079 452 of 291 George Street, Wantirna South, VIC 3152, telephone: 03 9837 8000
3. Entry is only open to VIC residents.
4. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
6. Promotion commences on 16/08/2019 and closes at 10:00am AEST on 19/08/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
7. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period: • Follow the Basketball Victoria Instagram account @basketball_vic and • Write a caption on one of the competition posts using 15 words or less and using the hashtag #homecourt; and • Accept the Promoter’s terms and conditions
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person per competition post. Each person can enter once on each competition post.9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid, so to will those that use what the promoter deems to be discriminatory or offensive language.11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The judging will take place at 291 George Street, Wantirna South, VIC 3152 on 19/08/2019 at 11:00am AEST. The Promoter may judge additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is declared a winner. Winners will be notified by direct message through Instagram and via the Basketball Victoria Instagram account by 1:00pm on 19/08/2019.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each valid winner will win two (2) tickets to the Boomers v USA basketball game held at Marvel Stadium (Melbourne, VIC) on 22/08/2019 valued at $400. Two winners will be selected on each competition post.
- If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.16. The Boomers v USA ticket prize is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or their companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.17. Total prize pool value is up to AUD$2,000.18. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. Associated travel and/or accommodation costs are not offered as part of these prizes and will need to be covered by the winner.
20. If a prize remains unclaimed by 2:00pm AEST on 20/08/2019 the reserve entries that were picked will be contacted and will win the prize. If the unclaimed prize winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours, the Promoter will contact the next winner until a prize winner is determined.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Boomers v USA game on 22/8/19 is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking of the prize.